The Mediation Association of Colorado (theMAC) and the Colorado Bar Association (CBA) endorse guidelines on mediator training and education. The MAC utilizes these guidelines to determine whether a basic mediation training program meets criteria to qualify member applicants for Standard or Professional membership status.
The criteria for a qualified training course are as follows:
- The length of the basic mediation course must be no fewer than 40 hours of hands on training.
- The course must include a minimum of 6 hours of participation in mediation role play.
- The course must include training on the following topics as related to the practice of mediation:
- Prevalent Conflict Theory and Dispute Resolution Processes
- Ethics and Values
- Professional Skills
- Relationship Building and Rapport
- Information Gathering
- Interaction and Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
Professional members of theMAC who provide 40 Hour Mediation Training are listed below. Their programs have been reviewed and meet theMAC’s guidelines for basic mediation training. These members may advertise their training programs on theMAC’s calendar. Individuals interested in a training program should contact the training provider directly.
Michelle Noyes Phoenix Strategies 719-266-8181 email@example.com www.phoenixstrategiescolorado.com
Trish Elledge Elledge Group Mediation 303-791-3574 firstname.lastname@example.org Trainings scheduled in May and October annually
Judy Mares-Dixon Training is offered through the Colorado Bar Association 303 860-0608 (CBA-CLE Customer Service) email@example.com
William Mangrum BlueJean Mediation 760-445-6441 firstname.lastname@example.org Offers mediation training in the Four Corners area
TheMAC recognizes other training programs that are not listed above. We encourage and invite you to contact us at email@example.com if are considering a training program that is not included on this list to find out if it meets our criteria for membership.