This page provides information relevant to handling mediation-related activities through the courts (i.e. court-ordered mediation, restorative justice options, etc). Both general information applicable to all courts as well as information relevant to specific judicial districts will be captured on this page as theMAC becomes aware of the information. See something that should be included? Please let us know by sending us an email!
Judicial Court Information
Letters to Chief Justice Rice:
Town Hall Meeting 2014
** NEW DRAFT POLICY FOR COURT REFERRED MEDIATORS ***
As you may be aware, theMAC has worked over the last several years to help develop mandatory standards of excellence for mediators who work in court referred cases. Recent developments have taken place, which have been the subject of much debate and a wide variety of viewpoints have been expressed to the Chief Justice for consideration. As the courts are ordering more cases to mediation, it is important that these litigants continue to receive an appropriate Access to Justice, as well as Access to quality Mediation. To find out more about the history of these discussions, the proposed policy, and the ongoing discussion in the mediation community click on these links:
- DRAFT POLICY ESTABLISHING STANDARDS FOR MEDIATORS
- Cover Letter from the Task Force to Chief Justice Rice
- The MAC Board's Letter to Chief Justice Rice
- Fonda Hamilton's Letter to membership
- 2013 Draft Policy Establishing Standards for Mediators
- Miles Davies and Cynthia Savage's letter to CJ Rice regarding the Proposed Policy
- Draft Policy Establishing Standards for Mediators, 2014
OFFICE OF DISPUTE RESOLUTION ADVISIORY COMMITTEE (ODRAC)
Wonder who makes up the ODRAC, and what their responsiblities are? Click to this link to learn more about the Committee, its members and what it does for the citizens of Colorado.