The MAC Legislative Committee
The Mediation Association of Colorado (the MAC) is a professional member organization that
promotes the value of quality mediation and supports mediators engaged in the profession. The
MAC represents our members by advocating for legislative changes that encourage mediation
to resolve conflicts and opposes legislation that would negatively impact the ability to provide
mediation services. In furtherance of these objectives, the MAC Board of Directors approves
legislative principles and instructs the Board’s Legislative Committee to advocate in favor of, or
in opposition to, legislation consistent with these principles.
1. Monitor, evaluate, and take appropriate positions regarding any proposed amendment to
the Colorado Dispute Resolution Act (CDRA).
2. Support legislation that permits, encourages, or requires mediation to resolve conflicts by
trained and qualified mediators.
3. Oppose legislation that discourages or prohibits the use of mediation services.
4. Fully and aggressively engage in any legislative consideration regarding regulation of
professional mediators. Seek MAC member input on specific proposals regarding
mediator regulation or requirements to practice.
5. Support legislative resolutions and State and local executive proclamations in support of
Conflict Resolution Month in Colorado.