- This event has passed.
Workplace Mediation and Conflict Management
November 23, 2020 - November 25, 2020$650
Please note this training is delivered via online long-distance learning through the Zoom platform. You will need a device that has a strong connection with the internet, along with a camera, audio and printer access.
The following are comments from recent PSI training participants who used Zoom:
“This course exceeded my expectations. I was hesitant to do it via Zoom but now believe it was the best thing I could do. I learned so much about how mediation work now a days on Zoom. I would have missed that had I done it in person.” ElizabethSalinas-Van Orman, Attorney
“Zoom trainings are tough to make this valuable. It was just more excellent than I could have ever understood. I am really excited about everything I learned this week in the mediation class. I am so impressed with how the class went.” Jennifer Gessert LPC
“Both presenters are very talented and convey information in a clear manner. Following along, even via Zoom, is a breeze. I’m able to take notes, highlight, and draw diagrams from the slides that all helped my understanding of the course content.” Matt Harutun
Workplace conflict costs organizations $359 billion/year (CPP Study)! According to Forbes Magazine, supervisors and managers spend approximately 30-40% of their time dealing with conflict. 60% of organizations have no conflict management training. After conflict management training, 95% of the trainees report the training “helped them navigate conflict more positively”.
Training Learner Objectives
To provide a learning experience whereby the participant assimilates theory and application of:
- Workplace characteristics and impact on disputes
- Contributing factors that create emotional intensity
- Costs of conflict
- Internal organizational structures that impact workplace disputes
- Dispute resolution roles
- Case management of workplace conflicts
- How workplace mediation differs from other mediation specialties
- External agencies that affect workplace disputes
- State and Federal employment statutes and regulatory agencies
- Assessment and strategic planning to manage a complex workplace case involving several persons
- Techniques that foster collaboration, empowerment and an interest-based process through participation in exercises, interactive role plays and workplace scenarios
- Strategies for managing intra and inter departmental dispute and large groups disputes