- This event has passed.
MAC Chat – Embracing Difficult Attorneys in Mediation
July 21, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm MDTFree
Join us for our second MAC Chat! This lightly-facilitated session is designed for mediators to share personal tips, strategies, disasters and triumphs for embracing difficult attorneys during mediation.
This MAC Chat is limited to 20 participants, with preference given to MAC members and those with 3+ years of experience. We will keep a waiting list. RSVP to email@example.com
There is “homework” – be ready to share and learn from each other!
1) Jot down notes about one or two of your mediations where you felt the attorneys were “difficult.”
2) Think of a few adjectives that describe the type of difficulty the attorneys presented.
3) Reflect about whether your personal reactions contributed to the “difficulty.”
4) What strategies did you use? Write down specific phrases, body language, etc. Context is everything.
5) What strategies did you think of after the fact?