- This event has passed.
Home Owners Association Traning
July 27, 2021 @ 8:00 am - July 29, 2021 @ 5:00 pm MDT$650
Home Owners Association Training
For Mediators and Conflict Managers
July 27-29, 8-5pm
Please note this training is delivered via online long-distance learning through the Zoom platform. ( You will need a device that has a strong connection with the internet, along with a camera, audio and printer access).
Overall training goals training are to:
- Understand how formation, governance, dispute resolution processes and issues drive Common Interest Communities
- How mediators and conflict coaches can assist in HOA conflict management and resolution.
- Discover the different roles, rights and responsibilities of boards, community leaders and homeowners
- Become familiar with statutes and regulations that impact Common Interest Communities
- Identify essential elements in governing documents
- Recognize issues and interests that are common and challenging
- Address unauthorized practice of law, ethical dilemmas and the HOA mediator role in service delivery to community leaders and members
- Review formal and informal complaint and dispute resolution processes
- Expand information regarding organizations and resources that may be helpful
- Practice through role-plays to build skill and integrate content