- This event has passed.
40 Hour Mediation Training
July 24 @ 8:00 am - August 1 @ 5:00 pm MDT$919.00
July 24-26, July 31, & August 1, 2023
– Overview of Mediation
– Mediation Models
– How Mediators Diagnose the Causes of Conflict
– Conflict Styles
– How Mediators Facilitate Interest-based Negotiations
– Mediation Roadmap
– Stages of Mediation: Preparation, Opening the Session, Sharing Perspectives and Exploring Issues in Depth and Problem-solving
– Posing Thoughtful, Insightful, Provocative Questions
– The Art of Reframing: Dealing with Threats, Demands and other Toxic Language
– Cultural Issues in Mediation
– Using the Mediation Caucus
– Mediating Money Matters
– Managing Emotions, Posing Thoughtful Questions and Dealing with Apologies
– Coaching Parties to Raise Conflict Constructively
– Mediating Sexual Harassment Cases
– Dealing with Impasse
– Power Issues in Mediation
– Applications of Mediation
– Building a Mediation Practice
– Standards of Conduct
– Ethical Dilemmas for Mediators
CANCELLATIONS: A refund of your tuition, less a $200 administrative fee, will be issued until Monday, July 17th. After July 17, 2023 no refunds will be issued, but you may transfer your registration to someone else.
For your own safety, the safety of others, and in an effort to provide everyone with the most rewarding in-person meeting and event experiences possible, we request that you attend a CBA, DBA, or CLE meeting or event only if you have been fully vaccinated. Mask wearing is up to personal preference and comfort level. Masks may be required in some clinic settings. Please be cognizant and understanding of others’ preferences and courteous to all attendees.
Depending on CDC and/or state or local health guidelines, a rise in COVID-19 cases, or other circumstances that may threaten the well-being of our attendees, CBA-CLE reserves the right to convert to a fully virtual event.
If disability accommodations or special assistance are needed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the scheduled program.
The program will be submitted for CLE accreditation in Colorado. If you need to seek accreditation in another state, please review the process and requirements for that individual state. CBA-CLE staff can provide a Uniform Certificate of Attendance, and it is the attendee’s responsibility to complete the accreditation outside of Colorado.
Discounted pricing for MAC members. Contact email@example.com for information about joining to receive MAC pricing.