CHECK OUT ALL OF OUR SUMMER TRAININGS!!
Organizer: Monica Lichtenberger
Company Name: Phoenix Strategies, Inc.
3730 Sinton Rd. Suite 105
JOIN OUR INCREDIBLE SUMMER TRAININGS!
Optimize Your Mediation Career-June 5 & 7 (Colorado Springs)
Advanced Mediation-June 19-21 (Colorado Springs)
40-hr Basic Mediation CLEs-July 16-20 (Colorado Springs)
40-hr Basic Mediation CLEs-August 20-22 & 27-28 (Denver)
"Loved this! (Advanced Mediation) I feel more confident in my skills as a mediator.I would strongly recommend to others". B. Wichmann, Associate Director Conflict Resolution Program
“This course (Basic Mediation) was a phenomenal, intensive, information-packed, skill-building experience! Thank you for sharing your extensive knowledge and experience with us… you are absolutely exceptional facilitators and coaches.” Wendy B., J.D., Attorney & Author
ADVANCED MEDIATION COURSE OBJECTIVES:
Prerequisite: 40-hour Basic Mediation course from PSI or any other training organization. A waiver of prerequisite is available for qualifying candidates. Please see the “Waiver of Prerequisite Request” form in the PSI Course Catalog (linked below) or contact PSI at 719-266-8181 for additional details.
24 classroom hours / 3 days
Course is offered several times a year at our Colorado Springs location.
Please see the event calendar for upcoming dates.alue-added benefits with Phoenix Strategies'Training are:
· PSI is Approved and Regulated by the Colorado Department of Education, Private Occupational School Board
· An intimate-group experience with only 8-12 participants per class
· Video-recording of participant performance “I appreciate the amount of time we spent practicing, especially the recording!” (Basic Mediation) B. L.
· Intensive skill building (over 19 exercises)
· Experienced and engaging instructors who are also practicing mediators
· Training in the Collaborative, Facilitative, Interested-Based model
· Continued support for all Phoenix Strategies Alumni
Basic Mediation Training Agenda includes:
· Managing high conflict & emotionally volatile clients
· Facilitating and structuring the mediation process
· Role of Mediator vs. attorney & other legal professionals
· Empowerment strategies to problem-solve & reach resolution
· Moving clients beyond impasse
· Rapport building with clients and attorneys
· Interest-based and position-based negotiation
· Effective communication techniques
· Power based issues and ethical dilemmas
· Writing a sound Memorandum of Understanding
· Unauthorized practice of law
· Case management and forms
· Establishing a mediation practice
“Phoenix Strategies, Inc. truly stands out among other mediation training programs. After beginning my Masters of Science for Negotiation and Dispute Resolution at Creighton University, I am even more aware of the top-notch training I received at PSI. After going through a week-long residency at Creighton, I realized I learned skills above and beyond what most of my colleagues learned in their 40 Hour Basic training programs. PSI delivers a great program which prepares each professional to put their new skills into action immediately. My time and money was well spent with PSI.” Audra B. Mediator & Dispute Analyst