40-Hour Basic Mediation Training (40 CLEs /4.8 Ethics APPROVED!)
Organizer: Monica Lichtenberger
Company Name: Phoenix Strategies, Inc.
5101 S. Dayton St.
This was the best training I have ever attended...I am using the skills and confidence I acquired daily." Jim V., Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist
This dynamic course is for all professionals interested in the stimulating field of Dispute Resolution who desire to mediate and more effectively manage conflict. You will identify and modify destructive past behaviors and develop new essential skills to powerfully mediate and manage conflict. You will learn and grow through integration of theory and extensive practice, modeling, skill-building exercises and constructive feedback. All students are video recorded mediating two entire mediation simulations with professional coaching and group debriefing.
Continuing Legal Education (40) and ethics (4.8) credits are approved and available for legal professionals participating in our Basic Training.
“This course was a phenomenal, intensive, information-packed, skill-building experience! Thank you for sharing your extensive knowledge and experience with us… you are absolutely exceptional facilitators and coaches.” Wendy B., J.D., Attorney & Author
Some of the value-added benefits you will experience with Phoenix Strategies’ 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training are:
· PSI is Approved and Regulatedby the Colorado Department of Education, Private Occupational School Board
· An intimate-group experience with only 8-12 participants per class
· Video-recording of participant performance “I appreciate the amount of time we spent practicing, especially the recording!” B. L.
· Intensive skill building (over 19 exercises)
· Experienced and engaging instructors who are also practicing mediators
· Training in the Collaborative, Facilitative, Interested-Based model
· Continued support for all Phoenix Strategies Alumni
Training Agenda includes:
· Managing high conflict & emotionally volatile clients
· Facilitating and structuring the mediation process
· Distinctions between mediator role vs attorney role
· Empowerment strategies to reach resolution
· Moving clients beyond impasse
· Rapport building with clients and attorneys
· Interest-based and position-based negotiation
· Effective communication techniques
· Power based issues and ethical dilemmas
· Writing a sound Memorandum of Understanding
· Unauthorized practice of law
· Case management and forms
· Establishing a mediation practice
“Phoenix Strategies, Inc. truly stands out among other mediation training programs. After beginning my Masters of Science for Negotiation and Dispute Resolution at Creighton University, I am even more aware of the top-notch training I received at PSI. After going through a week long residency at Creighton, I realized I learned skills above and beyond what most of my colleagues learned in their 40 Hour Basic training programs. PSI delivers a great program which prepares each professional to put their new skills into action immediately. My time and money was well spent with PSI.” Audra B. Mediator & Dispute Analyst